BUILD uses entrepreneurship to help high school students start their own businesses so they can be engaged in school and stay on track for college.

BUILD’s student teams are launching a campaign to try and raise a total of $10,000 and if you invest, you’ll get one of the student products. Plus 10% of the money you give will go directly to the teams while the other 90% will go towards doubling the number of student business teams so that hundreds more Boston students can participate. The campaign is a way to teach the students about how crowdfunding and social media can be used as tools for business.

The teams participating are listed below:

  • Adorkable Lidz (customizable beanie hats)
  • B-Ties (versatile bow tie necklaces for men and women)
  • Clip Cup (a clip on cup holder)
  • Cookie Boss (delicious cookies)
  • Color Bars (colorful candy chocolate bars)
  • Econizer (eco-friendly office supplies)
  • Fusions (portable speakers for your iPhone or desktop)
  • Gaming Generations (student designed stickers)
  • Glare Hair (glow-in-the-dark hair extensions)
  • Glassics (interchangeable sleeves for the frame of your eye glasses)
  • Magic Bars (delicious baked goods)
  • Pet Protect (an LED light for dog collars with reflective tape)
  • Piece of Denim (fashion accessories made from re-purposed jeans)
  • Pocket Socks (socks with zipper pockets)
  • Revamp’D (shoelace charms)
  • Sleepy Headz (2-in-1 accessory that serves as a scarf and a pillow)
  • Straight Bumpin’ into High School (a guide/tip book for high school freshman)
  • U-Phone (umbrella for your iPhone)
  • VersiBrush (hair brush with an attachable pouch)

Find out more about BUILD’s Indiegogo campaign and how you can donate here

SheGives Black Circle Logo[2]


SheGives connects committed, inquisitive, engaged donors with a slate of diligenced nonprofits in the Greater Boston area. We provide members with relevant data about the nonprofits in our portfolio and an opportunity to meet directly with our nonprofits’ Executive Directors and senior staff in small settings that promote in-depth q&a’s and, ultimately, informed giving. Giving is personally driven, but because we give side-by-side our collective impact is greater. See a list of the vetted nonprofits selected for our slate here.


Posted in News.